- Alexander Road: Named after Alexander Algie who was the first settler in the area. He arrived by ship via the Coromandel & Glasgow 1867 ( Jemima Deerness wife of Alexander Algie, they had 2 sons & 4 daughters.)
- Will James: Named after William James the son of Alexander.
- Athol Place: Named after Athol Algie. Brian, Evan’s & Donald’s Dad.
- Albro Lane: Named after an Algie Brothers business, Albro Holdings.
- Mera Road: Named after an Algies launch that Merv & Steve Algie built. It is an acronym of family names – daughter in Law. Mary, Elizabeth, Roose, Algie.
- Deerness Cres: The surname of Alexander Algie’s wife who came from Pukekohe ex the Orkney Islands – Jimima Deerness
- Gordon Craig: Named after a doctor of physical medicine who was helpful in treatment for Edna Algie wife of Merv – grandson of Alexander
- Mariners Grove, The Nook and The Glade were named by the Morrison Family who bought the land from Scade Developments. The Morrisons set up JEM Developments in 1970 and developed Mariners Grove.
- Mariners Grove The Mariners Grove name was inspired by the beautiful seaside landscape
- The Nook was just that a nook off Mariners Grove
- The Glade was just that, a sheltered glade off Mariners Grove. .
|Subdivider||Street||Year of Completion|
|Algies Bros.||Alexander, Gordon Craig, Deerness (part 1)||1953|
|Algies Bros.||Alexander (upper part), Mera Part 1)||1960|
|Algies Bros.||Deerness (lower part)||1963|
|Algies Bros.||Mera (lower part)||1966|
|Algie Edwards||Willjames Ave||1967|
|J.E.M. Developers||Mariners Grove, The Nook, The Glade||1974|