The name of the Association shall be Algies Bay Ratepayers and Residents Association.
The objects of the Association are:
- To promote and protect the interests of the Ratepayers and Residents of Algies Bay rating area as defined by the Auckland Council.
- To promote, support or oppose any legislation or other measures affecting the interests of members.
- To promote, foster and organise awareness of members and others in developments proposed or taking place in the area.
- To carry out any operations or working parties for the development of facilities for the area which have been approved by the Auckland Council.
- To print, publish and distribute any newsletter or leaflets that the Association may consider desirable for the information of members.
- To do all such things as are reasonably connected with or incidental to any of the foregoing objects.
- Membership shall be open to all Ratepayers and Residents of the Algies Bay rating area as defined by the Auckland Council, on payment of an Annual subscription.
- If the annual subscription after six months of being due, is unpaid membership will cease.
- Members may resign at any time by advising the Secretary of their intention to do so.
- The annual subscription shall be set for each year at the Annual General Meeting. The outgoing committee shall make a recommendation to the meeting as to a suitable level to meet commitments. Subscriptions shall be due on April 1st each year.
- An Executive Committee and an Honorary Auditor shall be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting to manage the affairs of the Association for the ensuing twelve months. The Committee shall consist of a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and no more than seven committee members.
- The Executive Committee shall meet as and when necessary to manage the Association, but not less than two monthly at a place and time to be nominated by the Chairperson.
- The Secretary shall take and record minutes of each meeting and attend to all inward and outward correspondence.
- The Treasurer shall report on the state of the Associations finances at each meeting and maintain a list of financial members.
- GENERAL MEETINGS:
- The Annual General meeting shall take place during April each year.
- General Meetings of members shall be called as and when the Executive Committee consider such to be necessary, or when at least 10% of members shall call on the Executive Committee to hold a General Meeting to consider a specific matter or matters.
- Notice of the Annual General meeting or a General meeting shall be published in the newspaper circulating in the district at least 10 days prior to such a meeting.
- The Annual Subscriptions and all monies received by the Association shall be lodged in a Bank account approved by the Executive Committee.
- Signatories for the Bank account shall be the Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer, any two of whom may sign cheques or other financial documents.
- An audited Income and Expenditure Account for twelve months ending on 31st March each year shall be presented at the Annual General meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall sanction all proposed expenditure and all accounts to be submitted for approval by the committee before payment.
- NON PROFITABILITY:
All income of the Association shall be applied solely toward the promotion of the objectives of the Association. No portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly to members of the Association except that members may be reimbursed for any expenditure prior approved by the Executive Committee,
PROVIDED THAT no member of the organisation shall derive any income, benefit or advantage from the organisation where they can materially influence the payment of income, benefit or advantage. Except where that income, benefit or advantage is derived from:
- Professional services to the organisation rendered in the course of business, charged at no greater rate than market rates:
- Interest on money lent at no greater rate than market rates:
AND all members who may be interested or concerned directly or indirectly shall disclose the nature and extent of their interest to the committee.
- ALTERATION TO THE RULES:
These rules shall not be amended, added to, or rescinded, except by a resolution on that behalf, passed by the majority of members present at the Annual General Meeting or General Meeting called for the purpose. Written notice of any proposed alterations, additions or rescissions shall be notified to members, in writing, not less than 10 days before any such meeting PROVIDED THAT no addition, alteration or rescission of the rules shall be made if it affects either the remuneration principle at Rule 7, the pecuniary profit principle Rule 7 or the winding up principle Rule 9.
- WINDING UP:
If upon the winding up or dissolution of the organisation there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the organisation but shall be given or transferred to some other charitable organisation or body having objects similar to the objects of the first organisation, of for some other charitable purpose within the Mahurangi East Area.
Date – May 2013